Tuesday 8 August 2017

Philippines

I am learning to write a piece of prose a sketch with detailed words, about a particular place, that is very important to me like Philippines. I know I have achieved this when I can describe this sketch of the place,in specific detail. To do this I need to:
  • Use specific nouns
  • Activate the nouns with strong verbs


The royal sky shining on water like a mirror. I see a grassy rice farm developing in front of my eyes. My deafening monkeys are chattering as we yell. Our muddy cars zooming beside a busy road. The busy farmers are running to get their lunch break. Dirty homeless people grabbing animals for food and money. Desperate frogs hop as they escape. A small slimy snake slither for his life.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Angelo
    This is a great story!
    I love all of the ways you described it.
    Elias

    Yaldhurst Model School

    Year 6

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Angelo,

    I really like your story about the Philippines. I like how you added what the objects in the story were like. Why is the Philippines so important to you? Have you ever been to the Philippines?

    Laura,
    Yaldhurst Model School

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.