Thursday 3 August 2017

Poem

I am learning to write a memoir poem. (This recalls a moment in time from my past that links to an emotion I felt at that time) The emotion I have chosen to link my memoir to is devastation, sadness and friendship
In my memoir I describe the scene and situation using strong adjective, nouns and verbs.


I hope you enjoy it.

The news was awful enough.
Plenty of heartbroken friends and family sobbing, attempting to cover their eyes.
The pasty tiles on the floor gathering dust by imperfect people walking on it.
A murky evening heating my skin until it has beads of sweat leaked off it.
I was devastated looking at my Grandma lying asleep forever.
A pile of friendly cousins welcoming as I walked in the lounge.
I attempt, painful  to be joyful around a group of people chattering.
Devastated, sadness, friendship.


Will I see her again?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Anglo
    I liked your poem about the boy in the pjarmas
    what is your favouret part?
    next step:try to write more

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.